Investigating serious incidents independently since 2007
Caring Solutions (UK) Ltd have been investigating serious incidents independently since 2007. After the Strategic Health Authorities (SHAs) established framework agreements the company was successful in securing agreements with four of the SHAs (NHS London, NHS Yorkshire and the Humber, NHS East Midlands and NHS South West). Subsequently the company has completed 17 independent reviews all of which have been published on the respective SHA Sites (now archived at the British National Archive website).
The company was successful in being appointed to the national framework for the independent review of serious incidents in November 2013 by NHS England following a competitive tendering exercise and were reappointed to the framework in 2017. The company has successfully completed a number of independent reviews of care and treatment from different regions of NHS England including a thematic review for NHS England (South) in 2017.
In addition to the SHA commissions the company has also completed numerous (over 20) sensitive independent reviews and reviews into high profile cases commissioned by individual Trusts. Notably a number of these commissions have related to Learning Disability services where the company has a number of personnel with particular expertise in this area.
Our curriculum vitae:
- Leading organisation in the completion of thematic reviews into homicides and suicides (London, North West, Birmingham, Sussex, Cumbria, Northumberland Tyne and Wear, NHS England (London), using an in house developed framework for analysis based on safety theory
- Access to highly qualified and experienced personnel who have conducted numerous investigations and held senior public offices
- Access to analytic frameworks developed by the company to: analyse internal investigation reports; and judge the level of compliance with recommendations
- An ability to work flexibly with organisations by adopting local methodologies into investigations whilst providing value added advice from company experience
- An absolute adherence to confidentiality and security of sensitive records and information
Also the following section I have amended as well
· External Chair of in patient Suicide Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
· External Chair and Lead authors of review of complaints for Northumberland, Cumbria, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
· Review of Complaints system for Hollybank Trust (independent sector provider)
· A review of 35 deaths for NHS London (LeDeR)
· A homicide investigation in Cumbria
· Advisors to Crisis Prevention Institute worldwide leaders on restraint training
· Chair of the UK Restraint Reduction Network
· Consultancy to National Autistic Society advising them on Mentally Disordered Offenders.